Thursday, August 20, 2009

THROWBACK THURSDAYS: Motown/Soul Classics Part 1

[above: The Temptations]

This throwback playlist is more of a general throwback than an "oh man, I remember those days!" kind of playlist. Obviously, I wasn't around for "those days" of the 50s-70s when motown and soul owned the world. I do however, have fond memories of listening to these songs with my mother while growing up and to this day am able to sing along whenever she plays them. By the way, I call this part 1 because I'm sure there will be many more motown/soul throwbacks in the near future

MP3 :: Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
MP3 :: Marvin Gaye - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
MP3 :: Stevie Wonder - Superstition
MP3 :: Ben E King - Stand By Me
MP3 :: The Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
MP3 :: The Supremes - Baby Love
MP3 :: The Five Stairsteps - Ooh Ooh Child

2 comments:

  1. omg, get some curtis mayfield and the impressions on here!! ("talkin about my baby")

    ReplyDelete