Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday In Videos: Bat For Lashes // Major Lazer // Jay Reatard // Banjo Or Freakout




Bat For Lashes. Sleep Alone (new single off of the album Two Suns which was released 4/6/09 on: Parlophone (UK Label), Astralwerks (US Label). I sort of drifted into my own dream world once I saw her laying in a bed. Dreamy video, dreamier woman.





Major Lazer's video for their song Pon De Floor (off of Guns Don't Kill People, Lazers Do), released 7/6/09 via Mad Decent Records and Downtown Music. Honestly, before seeing this video, I've never heard of this group. However, the beat is now firmly stuck in my head, and all I can say is that the video looks like a 2009 Reggae video demonstration of the Kama Sutra.





Jay Reatard has a new album being released on 8/18/09 via Matador Records called Watch Me Fall. The song is upbeat and incredibly catchy, and this is quite possibly the greatest music video I've seen in ages...little kids inciting a riot at a birthday party. Amazing.





Video for Banjo Or Freakout's song "Upside Down", off of his record of the same name which was released on Half Machine Records. I suppose this video is of a dream? It's too bad that he knows a woman that beautiful and the best dream he can have about her involves someone in a chicken suit running into the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment