Friday, August 14, 2009

MP3: Algernon Cadwallader - "Some Kind Of Cadwallader"


During one of my many visits to South Philly on Wednesday night, a good friend of mine told me about this band called Algernon Cadwallader [Al-jur-non Kad-wall-uh-der]. At first, I totally forgot what the name was and didn't even want to try to pronounce it. He gave me some backstory about the band and how they used to only play basement shows in the Philly area. I thought that was pretty rad. He kind of described what they sounded like. I still couldn't pronounce the name. Then he put them on the stereo and I feel in love. I was starting to get the gist of the name. He was wearing one of their shirts too, so it helped me out a little bit.

Since I don't personally like making comparisons to other bands, please take a listen down below and judge for yourself.

MP3 :: Algernon Cadwallader - Some Kind Of Cadawallader

I gave you an extra one mostly because I drink and love soy milk:

MP3 :: Algernon Cadwallader - Yo Soy Milk

Their debut LP Some Kind Of Cadwallader is available now through their myspace page ...AND if you want them to play in YOUR basement, they have a little email addy action going on too

No comments:

Post a Comment