Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday In Videos: Fiery Furnaces // Arctic Monkeys // Smells Like Teen Astley // Reading Rainbow

The Fiery Furnaces - Charmaine Champagne from Thrill Jockey Records on Vimeo.



New vid for Fiery Furnaces' "Charmaine Champagne." Spazzy, jazzy, colorful, catchy, loose. Zatarains. Ba, ba, ba, da

*******



I never became an Arctic Monkeys fan. I'm still not - but check out the video for their new song "Crying Lightning" off of the new album Humbug [Domino 8/25]. Nice CGI. and nice budget.

*******



I don't know what tempted me to watch this the first time. Maybe it was the mix of two childhood favorites - minus the Rick Astley part. Astley is more of a joke than anything else. Anyway, check it

*******



I've been wanting to write about Philly's own Reading Rainbow for a while. I will soon though. Pinky swear. I'm holding it out right now. No lie, people. Lock it in. For now though, check out the vid above and more songs for your listening pleasure on their myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment