Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Top 20 Faves of 2009 [so far....]



So today marks the end of the first half of the year. Holy crap. Well so far, 2009 has been chock full of simply amazing tunes. And this is only the first half of it!!!

I actually started this playlist a week ago with the intention of only showcasing my top 10 faves. I made the list on my iTunes. 35 songs later....yea. It was hard. I finally got a chance to really narrow it down to 20. Which I think is a good number. I don't want to leave songs out. I already feel bad for cutting out 15 songs. Anyway...

To tell you the truth, a lot of these songs have been on many lists. Either from my own blog [this one] or other music blogs. But these songs deserve that kind of attention. Or else they wouldn't be on any top lists, right?

Enough blabbering. Here it is:
20: The Antlers - Bear
19: Micachu And The Shapes - Golden Phone
18: The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - This Love Is Fucking Right
17: Real Estate - Beach Comber
16: Sunset Rubdown - You Go On Ahead
15: YACHT- Psychic City
14: Free Energy - Dream City
13: Japandroids - Young Hearts Spark Fire
12: St Vincent - Actor Out Of Work
11: Phoenix - Listzomania
10: Discovery - So Insane
9: White Rabbits - Percussion Gun
8: VEGA - No Reasons
7: Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
6: Here We Go Magic - Only Pieces
5: Cymbals Eat Guitars - And The Hazy Sea
4: Bat For Lashes - Glass
3: The Love Language - Sparxxx
2: Passion Pit - Little Secrets
1: Animal Collective - Brother Sport

1 comment: