Thursday, May 14, 2009

Throwback Thursday [The Letter "P" Edition]



Todays Throwback Thursday is a tight mix of everything from the first album I ever owned until my first year of college back in 2004 - All within the letter P. Thanks iTunes for being so organized.

Paul Simon - The Obvious Child

This song brings me back to a time when things like bills and laundry didn't matter. Whenever the family would go on a road trip, we would pack the car and turn up the volume so everyone could hear the brilliant pounding percussion of Grupo Cultural Olodum with Paul Simon's gentle crooning on Rhythm Of The Saint. I'm glad they got me into this at such an early age. Why deny the obvious child of such a great album?

Pavement - Cut Your Hair

I actually didn't get into Pavement until my first year of college. I heard them yea, but I didn't like them. By the time I got into school, all of my high school memories were washed away [mostly by booze] and my head was clear. Ready for a new life.

Pretty Girls Make Graves - All Medicated Geniuses

I only have one really solid memory of this song. Sitting on a bed with old friends listening to music. Simple yea, but the song grabbed me and shook me out of my shoes. The instant I got home, I snatched some $ and went over to my local record shop. The mission was a success.

Pinback - Loro

Pinback was another late bloomer for me. This time thanks to an ex-girlfriend of mine who was obsessed with the soft, delicate whispers of Rob Crow.

Pearl Jam - Leash

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a pretty big Pearl Jam fan. My sister bought me this album [VS.] when I was 8 years old. She knew I was into them because I used to stare at the tv when the video for Jeremy came on. There are a lot of songs on this album that bring me back but I'd have to say that this one is my favorite. Oh, the 90's. How I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment