Thursday, September 10, 2009

THROWBACK THURSDAYS: 60s Revolution Clasix Part 1



Growing up, my father introduced me to vinyl - the detailed crackling and authenticity of that spinning black circle of wonder. I think one of the first records he put on for me was Simon & Garfunkel's "Bookends." We would sit and we would listen to his collection. To this day, he still talks about how great the 60s were as we shuffle those black plastic circles from sleeve to needle, needle to sleeve. Memories of Woodstock, protesting, Joan Baez, Greatful Dead, Bobby Dylan [etc, etc] stream from his conscious like they happened just the other day. I'm in awe

MP3 :: The Beatles - Penny Lane
MP3 :: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
MP3 :: The Youngbloods - Get Together
MP3 :: Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair
MP3 :: Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
MP3 :: Pink Floyd - Flaming
MP3 :: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
MP3 :: Richie Havens - Freedom [live from Woodstock]
MP3 :: Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends [live from Woodstock]

No comments:

Post a Comment