Saturday, September 12, 2009

SATURDAY IN VIDEOS: Micachu & The Shapes // Grizzly Bear // Sufjan Stevens // White Lies // Empire Of The Sun



This was premiered on a few days ago on bjork.com. When interviewed for NPR, Bjork had these kind words to say:

"I saw her in London, in June, a year ago and I was really excited about her. I thought it was that sort of 'do it yourself' approach, with all these little guitars and her attitude was really fresh… think it's really, really fun. (She)is a bit of a prankster really, isn't she?"

Aw, Bjork. Well anyway, here's the DIY-ish tree/photobooth video for "Turn Me Well" which is off of her debut album Jewellery. 

********


What do fencing, stop watches and a red ball have to do with Grizzly Bear? I have no clue. But Sean Pecknold [brother of that Fleet Foxes dude] who directed this vid probably does. Or doesn't. Who knows.

********

Interlude I—Dream Sequence in Subi Circumnavigation from Asthmatic Kitty on Vimeo.

Hulla Hoops the BQE and cars stuck in traffic. Which one doesn't belong? Well, none according to Sufjan Stevens new film The BQE [out Oct 20th via Asthmatic Kitty]. Read all about this new project here.

********




I'm not a fan of late night unless it's either Conan or Colbert. So naturally, I didn't watch Kimmel until White Lies came on. It's safe to say that they pretty rocked the shit out of it.

********




Statues, make-up, a horse, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment