Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"You're in our talons now and we're never letting go."




So duh, I've been into the Bowerbirds a lot lately. And I've listened to the entire cd all the way through. Time for review:

I heard this band for the first time a couple weeks ago on Hype Machine. I thought the couple songs I heard were golden, and they were, but the album as a whole somewhat lacks in the gold department. I'd say more of a silvery bronze. It actually kind of depends whats mood you're in while listening to it. If you're in a positive, go-outside-and-play-in-the-grass mood...I don't highly recommend it. It's better if you're reading a book in a candlelit room. Or maybe if you get home from a stressful day and you want to rest. Than I'd say get down with your bad self.

Ok ok...a better comparison. Umm...if you're a fan of Owen, which I am, and you love his soft whispering voice and whirling guitar with interesting vocal patterns...Bbirds have a good sense of that.

The Bbirds consist of 3 fantastic people, so I'd assume, who play accordian, guitar, tamborines, bass drums, pedal keyboard, violin, and all sing. Most of the lyrics are sung by a Mr. Phil Moore. Well done Mr. Moore. I do really enjoy the lady known as Beth Tacular and her spectacular voice (was the a little much?..sorry. I had to. I'm sure you understand)

But yes...if I'd had to give it a rating?...I'd say 8/10. I'd really say 7.5/10....but I don't believe in fractions for a rating. Again...if you enjoy Owen, give this a couple whirls.

Outie 500

No comments:

Post a Comment