Saturday, March 15, 2008

Geese are funny

Hit up the Manasquan Reservoir today to go biking. Preeettyyy amazing. It's a happening place for joggers, bikers, fishers, mom's, bird watchers. Anything really. I kind of just biked around to figure out the place. Stopped at the deserted visitor's center. Not much going on there obviously. I picked up some brochures for the Monmouth County Park System. There was nothing about bike trails. Bummer.

I stumbled upon a few sweet bench spots. One spot was gorgeous. It was a bench dedicated to a Gladys Rodenik. I can see how Gladys could love that spot. It overlooked the entire Reservoir through this nice tree canopy. And there was this cute little duck just sittin, chillin out. And there was no noise except for the wind, trees and pesky little squirrels. Of course I took a much needed power nap. Drank some water and continued my bike ride.

I urge anyone to visit any local national park. For New Jersians, there is Thompson Park in Lincroft (Right near Brookdale CC), Turkey Swamp Park in Freehold, Mt. Mitchell Scenic Overlook, Monmouth Battlefield State Park, and many others.

Wish I took some pictures for my peepers to look at. Next time...

Enjoy today

No comments:

Post a Comment