Wednesday, June 3, 2009

[MP3] NEW Throw Me The Statue - Ancestors


Last summer I was practically obsessed with this band called Throw Me The Statue. Catchy songs like "Lolita" and "About To Walk" played on repeat in my head almost constantly. It just so happened that last summer I took a trip to Seattle [where TMTS are from] to hang with an old friend of mine. On the plane, I couldn't help but imagine everything that Scott Reitherman [frontman/creator of TMTS] was singing about.

This summer, I'm hoping that Throw Me The Statue's sophomore LP entitled Creaturesque delivers some top quality/much anticipated tracks. At least the cover looks refreshing. Nice pool.

Take a listen to a new song called "Ancestors" here:
Throw Me The Statue - Ancestors
[via Secretly Canadian]

If you've never heard of Throw Me The Statue before, they've been on a few commercials before for both Rhapsody and more recently, The Marriot, with the song "Lolita":

Throw Me The Statue - Lolita

Creaturesque will see release on 8/4/09 via Secretly Canadian.

In the meantime, you should buy their first LP, Moonbeams, @ insound dot com. And you will. Because I say so

No comments:

Post a Comment