Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kurt Cobain: 15 Years Gone



I can't believe it's really been that long. I was only 9 years old at the time but Nirvana had already changed my life. I remember listening to Nevermind on my walkman earlier that day on my way home from school and  I had just purchased Bleach with my saved up allowance [ah the good old days of doing easy chores for cash]. 

I was devastated. A band that I looked up to so much came to a sudden end.

I've always wondered what Nirvana would be like if Cobain were still here. RIP

Here are just a few of my fav Nirvana songs. What are yours?

Nirvana - Lithium
Nirvana - Drain You
Nirvana - About A Girl

2 comments:

  1. I respect and love Nirvana so much, and it is awful that they ended when they did, but as much as I would have loved more and more Nirvana albums to feast my ears on, it is almost appropriate that they ended right then and there. There is always that chance that if he didn't eat his gun, that they would have been dragged into being a terrible mainstream, mediocre band. The last album they released is too good for words, and the few unreleased songs from before Kurt killed himself that have been released are, in my mind, timeless treasures. Their measure of success and popularity is kept alive because of how and when Kurt Cobain committed suicide.

    My favorite Nirvana songs...
    Sliver
    Lithium
    Heart-Shaped Box
    You Know You're Right
    Love Buzz
    All Apologies

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely see you're coming from with that. at the same time though, i dont know if kurt would have let nirvana continue to soak up the spotlight. i feel like they would have evolved into something much more different than we already heard. but who knows. i guess youre right in saying that it was appropriate. nice list

    ReplyDelete