Thursday, April 16, 2009

[Good Readz] - Book Review: Going To See The Elephant




















I know Together In Digital Dreams is mainly just a music blog, but to be a good writer one should also be a good reader. I consider myself to be a pretty decent writer, no? Aside from the pretty hectic school/work schedule, living life and constantly looking for new music, I do enjoy a good book every so often.

About a week ago I was peeping around my local Borders and saw, out of the corner of my eye, a book that would soon engulf me. The cover is bright and loud on top with a painted, faint scene of San Fran down near the bottom. I had never heard of this book nor its author, Rodes Fishburne. Like any other slightly interested book lover, I had to read the book flap to see what it was all about.

[click here to read a few sample chapters, get acquainted with Mr. Fishburne and check the weather in San Francisco.]

I just finished the book earlier tonight and could not be more happy with my impulsive purchase. Its premise is mystifying. Its protagonist is young and full of life and ambition. Its antagonist is a mayor with a terrible heart. There are so many turns and emotions that fly through the foggy San Francisco air.

Just take my word for it and read it. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

For fans of: Dave Eggers, Tom Wolfe, Paulo Coelho

Also check out GTSTE @ GoodReads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment