Wednesday, October 21, 2009

NEW + VIDEO: YEASAYER signs to Secretly Canadian - New Album in Feb


Back in 2007, I heard about this hot new band from BK called Yeasayer. I devoured it, shared it, savored it and regurgitated it. It was fresh and different and I couldn't believe it was coming from some apartment in Brooklyn, NY. It's been a couple years now and whenever I listen to All Hour Cymbals, I still get chills. It could also be the open window I'm next to but still...

Earlier this year, we got teased with a new track from the Dark Was The Night comp called Tightrope. And FINALLY a couple weeks ago I saw that they had made a twitter [follow them now!]. It was almost time to get the good news we've been waiting for. Here it is: Indie monster label Secretly Canadian has picked up Yeasayer on it's roster and revealed, today, that they will be releasing their sophomore album, Odd Blood, on Feb 9th of 2010 [not 2080].

SNEAK PEAK of O.N.E:


TRACKLIST:
01 The Children
02 Ambling Alp
03 Madder Red
04 I Remember
05 ONE
06 Love Me Girl
07 Rome
08 Strange Reunions
09 Mondegreen
10. Grizelda

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 2010 might just give 2009 a run for its money.

No comments:

Post a Comment