Friday, August 1, 2008

What Might Have Been Lost

Trekked down to Philly last night to see what I knew was going to be a wonderful show.

We get there late on purpose to avoid standing outside on a line with a crowd of people. But alas, I was wrong. The show was running late and the line grew around the back of the church, which, if you have ever been there...is a long effing ways to go.

Half an hour later the line starts and we get in, find a spot and wait to be blown away.

The first guy that played (I forget his name) wasn't too good. Instrumental guitar plucking accompanied by a stand up bass in the background. It was getting hot and I was just antsy to see the other bands.

Bowerbirds took the stage next complete with accordian, bass drum, violin and guitars. Many comments about how hot it was on stage were made but they played perfectly. They played two new songs I haven't heard yet and I cannot wait until they are available to purchase.





Who knows what took them so long, but Bon Iver took forever and a day to come on stage. Everyone was sweaty, antsy and ready to be cooled down, but not until after Bon Iver. They finally came on stage shirtless and excited. They played everything I wanted to hear. How could they not. I got completely lost in the moment during every song, especially Skinny Love. When the played Wolves, the leader of the pack, Justin Vernon, orchestrated everyone to sing along. And it was absolutely beautiful. I only took one picture because I didn't want to miss a moment. Too bad the picture doesn't really capture that.



All in all it's def up there on my list of best shows I've been to.

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment