Thursday, July 31, 2008

"I Woke Up Today"



"...in a very simlpe way"

interesting lyrics brought to you by the minds of Port O'brien, a Californian band who sings mostly about fishing, boating, the weather and other marine based lifestyles. I heard of them a few months back via Blogotheque sessions and fell in love with their high powered single called "I Woke Up Today" but I never got a chance to listen to anything else they put out until yesterday, when I bought (thanks to the addictive nature of the iTunes Store) the album called All We Could Do Was Sing. Which is totally true. A good bunch of their songs are sing-alongs that make you want to throw your hands up in the air and wave them like you just don't give a care. Other songs take you in the other direction. Soft acoustic strumming and quiet singing by the leader of the pack, Van Pierszalowski.

Check 'er out.

Stand out tracks: I Woke Up Today, Fisherman's Son, The Rooftop Song




Side note: STOKED to see Bon Iver tonight in Philly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment