Saturday, February 16, 2008

"Music’s the only thing that makes sense anymore, man...

Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay.”

Just watched Across the Universe. I have to say...what an amazing film. The choreography, the music (duh), the filming, the animation. Everything was done extremely well. There was real passion and heart in the movie, which makes sense because it's about the passion and genius of The Beatles.

I absolutely loved that Joe Cocker made an appearance with the song "Come Together." He's always done excellent Beatles covers (A Little Help From My Friends aka The Wonder Years Theme).

On a side note, It was interesting to watch it with my father who witnessed all of that. Went to some of those rallies. Took part in the movements against the war. I always ask him to tell me stories of what the 60's were like from his radical point of view. They always amaze me. I find myself always researching that time period. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, just very interested. And in a lot of ways, especially with this fucking stupid war going on right now [which I'm still not a hundred percent sure why it's still happening], the 60's live on.

1 comment: