Friday, January 2, 2009

Spin Mag AC review + Matt & Kim Hype

Spin Magazine gave 4/5 stars to Animal Collective's newest effort "Merriweather Post Pavilion." The review is pretty dead on I'd say. And I'm not really a big fan of Spin. Look for my own review of this album to come soon. It's been on repeat ever since I received it and I'm just making sure I got it down pat. If you have already heard it I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. All I'm saying is... top 10 of 2009. Booyah. [read Spin's review: here]

In other news:
















Matt & Kim [of Brooklyn dance-punk fame] will be releasing a sophomore album entitled The Grand the same day that AC's MPP comes out. I'm psyched for this. The first time I heard their self-titled album all I wanted to do was get wild. No album I heard from 2008 really let me do that.

Never heard of Matt & Kim?
MP3: Matt & Kim - No More Long Years
MP3: Matt & Kim - Yea Yeah

[2009 tour dates via: Brooklyn Vegan]

No comments:

Post a Comment